Bug? ActiView 5.19, trig-in does "pause save"

Enrico Segre

Bug? ActiView 5.19, trig-in does "pause save"

Post by Enrico Segre »

I'm observing something strange in my setup, both in ActiView 5.19 low res and in my further elaborations thereof -- if all the trigger inputs are disconnected (i.e. pulled up as on) except for in1, then any time in1 goes up the button "Pause Save" becomes active. Is this a known bug?
My solution so far is a hardware one - ground in2 and keep watching in1, but I'd like to have it fixed.
Enrico

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

This is not a bug, but a feature which was included in version 3.44 and higher, after suggestions by several customers. Two reserved trigger codes can be used to press/release the Pause button. This allows the starting/stopping of streaming data to file to be controlled by the stimulation setup.

The trigger codes to control the Pause button are defined by the configure (*.CFG) file. Open the default.cfg in notepad, and you will see as last lines:

PauseOff=254 //-1 is disabled, 0-255 is enabled
PauseOn=255 //-1 is disabled, 0-255 is enabled

The Pause button is controlled by the first trigger byte (triggers 1 to 8 ), just edit to the codes you want to use. In order to disable the trigger control of the Pause button, changing the codes to:

PauseOff=-1
PauseOn=-1

The trigger codes controlling the Pause button are always indicated in the right sidebar (lower right corner of the screen).

Best regards, Coen (BioSemi)

PS: You will sometimes see " marks in some CFG line, for example:

PauseOff="254 //-1 is disabled, 0-255 is enabled"

This is a LabVIEW quirk (extra " marks are included when saving CFGs form ActiView), just ignore the " marks.