Yet another aquisition software

Vincent

Yet another aquisition software

Post by Vincent »

Hi all,

i successfully receive the data from ActiView via TCP/IP. The values match with the values in the ActiView Electrode Offset tab. What I can't explain myself is the reaction to changes.
My setup is:
- All electrodes in a glass of water
- start aquisition
-> everything is fine

If I remove one electrode from the glass the offset in ActiView goes up to 259.xxx, my aquisition software keeps its old value (+some uV noise, on all channels ).
If I restart my software the value goes up to 259.xxx .

Is there any obvious explanation for this behaviour that I am missing?

Thanks for any hints
Vincent

Coen
Site Admin

Re: Yet another aquisition software

Post by Coen »

There may be some delay (up to a second or so) in the TCP/IP transfer depending on PC and network speed and load. So you may not see an immediate reaction in the client display.

Compare the behavior of your client with the tried and tested client application available from http://www.biosemi.com/download/ActiveTwoClient_8.zip.

Best regards, Coen (BioSemi)

Vincent

Re: Yet another aquisition software

Post by Vincent »

The problem was that i did not take enough data out of the buffer.
Right now I can successfully stream and analyze the data via TCP. Anyway I have a problem with the connection:
If my program has a lot of other load (like resizing the window all the time) the connection eventually dies. I logged the communication with wireshark, ActiView stops sending after my client sends a TCP Window Update packet.
However the buffer seems still ok in these cases, there is no error displayed in ActiView and no error packet sent via TCP. ActiView switches from TCP connected to TCP listening without shutting down the TCP connection, so my client shows no error (It does if I click the stop button in ActiView) and keeps waiting for new data. Is this behaviour as intended?

Thanks for your help
Vincent