errors 7000 and 7001 when loading a .cfg file

dietcoke

errors 7000 and 7001 when loading a .cfg file

Post by dietcoke »

Hi all,

we're kind of new to Biosemi and we have problems in Actiview. When loading a .cfg file, we have this annoying error message:

Error 7000 occured at
Configuration
Aborted

Possible reason(s):

Argument not found in configuration file or configuration file has the wrong number of channels

And when when press start, we have a similar error, coded 7001. As we followed the Biosemi procedures, everything should be fine... so we have no clues where's the problem.

so that's it, thanks a lot for your help 8)

Alex

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

Start ActiView (ignore the error messages), stop ActiView, select ABOUT tabpage, save CFG as default.cfg (replace old CFG), CFG should now be repaired.

Best regards, Coen (BioSemi)

dietcoke

Post by dietcoke »

Thx a lot, it worked at last.

Alex

schmidtjoseph

Post by schmidtjoseph »

Hello,
I am trying to set up my actiview recording software for the first time and I am also getting
Error 7000 occurred at
Configuration
Aborted
Possible reason(s):
Argument not found in configuration file or configuration file has the wrong number of channels
When loading a .cfg file.
However it is NOT followed by error 7001 as listed above. When I follow the procedure listed above it fixes the error for my 32 channel configuration file, however, the error persists for my 64 channel configuration file. This suggests that I made a mistake somewhere in my 64 channel configuration file. Any idea what that might be? Any help you can lend in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!
Joe

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

I can't find the reason, best to compare the CFGs in notepad and try to find the missing or corrupted line. Please post the result because I don't understand why the CFG is not self repairing in your case.

schmidtjoseph

Post by schmidtjoseph »

I went through our working 32 channel config file and the 64 channel 10-20 config file provided with Actiview and changed a number of settings in our 64 channel file. It seems to work without error now. Not sure which part it was (there were several things in the config file that I still don't know what they do so I am not sure what the problem was). Thanks.
Joe

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

In general, it is recommended to only change the following keys in the CFG with a file editor (notepad, wordpad):

Elecgain (change only for older BSPM systems)
RespSwitch
LineWidth
Cursor
BreathBelt

All channel labels

PauseOff
PauseOn

All other keys can be changed from ActiView (adjust controls in ActiView, and save CFG). Changing the CFG from ActiView will prevent corrupting the CFG.

schmidtjoseph

Post by schmidtjoseph »

Thank you. This is very helpful. We got the 64 channel config file from another lab and there were certainly other things changed as well (so I suspect one of the other settings was the problem). So do you recommend using the default file and only adjusting the things you noted? Thanks again for all the help.

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

Yes, I recommend to only use a file editor for changing the above keys. All other keys can be safely changed form ActiView (load CFG, change controls to the new preferred settings, save CFG).