Simultaneous EEG & ECG Collection

declanquinn

Simultaneous EEG & ECG Collection

Post by declanquinn »

Hi, I'm a new user of the Biosemi system and am working on a project that requires EEG, ECG and eye-tracking. There are no experts in my university on ECG using the Biosemi system and very few resources online.

What recommendations do you have for ECG electrode set up and experimentation (recordings will be done during a 40-minute cog task where participants will be required to constantly press keys - assuming I'm then ruling out placing electrodes on wrists as this may result in too many muscle artifacts?)? Can I just use 2 flat electrodes (negative on right arm, positive on left) plugged into EXG7 & 8? How do you suggest setting up the config file? How best do you suggest analyzing the output from this experiment - can I save the 128 channel-EEG and ECG recordings as separate files? The cog task will be triggered so I'll be looking at event related potentials across all modalities.

Thanks in advance, and if you know of any good resources could you please direct me to them! Difficult to find good resources online on concurrent EEG & ECG recording using the ActiveTwo system.