Importing channel and external leads location to EEGLAB

evargas

Importing channel and external leads location to EEGLAB

Post by evargas »

Hi Everyone,

I'm importing bdf data to EEGLAB from a session using a 64 channel Biosemi headset but am struggling to import channel locations. My goal is to use run ICA analysis —I calculated preliminary ICA weights already, but I just can’t figure out the channel locations.

I’ve seen @Coen answer similar posts with a link to the excel document with the coordinates for the various caps provided on the Biosemi website. However, like some others, I wasn't able to figure out how to use this information to create a loc file that could then be uploaded. Are coordinates from the excel sheet meant to input manually per channel? I’ve seen others retrieve channel locations simply by using the "MNI coordinate file for BEM dipfit model” when prompted by the EEGLAB GUI, but this wasn't the case for me. I thought my data wasn't imported properly but the collection time, file size, and channel #’s make sense. When I visualize by channel data it does indeed look pretty messy, but this is all unprocessed and shouldn't affect my ability to upload channel locations.

Could anyone please offer any insight? I’m also not sure how people input which external leads were used to EEGLAB if the loc files only have the 64 or X number of leads. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Enrique