ActiveView Compilation Issues

touchdown

ActiveView Compilation Issues

Post by touchdown »

Hi,

I am trying to use latest activeview with Labview 8.0 evaluation. I did some minor changes to the user interface and tried to compile vi into an EXE. After I run the EXE it cannot read correct speedmode or device type and gives me error "Error 5002 occured at ActiveTwo Synchronization" after starting accquisition. I am fairly new to Labview. My question is what steps need to be taken to recompile Activeview and why does it give me this error?

I also tried to run just the vi opened in labview 8.0 evaluation. It still gives me same error.

Thanks

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

I ran into this problem too during upgrading of the code to LabVIEW 8. It appeared that the ringbuffer is not always read in the proper place. The strange thing is that the problem does occur erratically: sometimes the program would behave OK, whereas in about half of the starts only zeros were read from the ringbuffer (leading to initialization with the wrong speedmode).

I have found that a reliable work-around for the problem is too always place the ARRAY_SUBSET function that reads from the ringbuffer in a subvi. I cannot give a good explanation why this solves the problem.

The LabVIEW 8 version of ActiView is planned to appear on the our website at the end of this month. Please email me directly for a preliminary version of ActiView compiled in LabVIEW 8.

Best regards, Coen (BioSemi)