ActiView exiting unexpectedly

Mallory

ActiView exiting unexpectedly

Post by Mallory »

Hi,

We've had a couple instances of ActiView unexpectedly closing during data collection, has anyone else had this happen or know what might be causing this?

Thanks,
Mallory

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

Do you mean that both ActiView and the LabVIEW RTE (run-time-engine) shut down without displaying any error popup. If yes, we would be very surprised because such behavior was never reported to us before. My initial suggestion would be a PC hardware problem.

Please let me know the versions of ActiView, LabVIEW RTE and Windows that you are using.

Best regards, Coen (BioSemi)

Mallory

Post by Mallory »

Hi,

We are using Windows XP, Actiview version 6.05, and I think labview 8.2 How can I find out for sure if its using this version of labview? we have that version on our computer but I don't ever open it or see anything saying its running.

Thanks!

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

Check the Windows Control Panel ---> Add/Remove software.

Mallory

Post by Mallory »

I don't have anything by the name of labview in the add/remove list of programs, I do however have National Instruments Software, it says it was last used on 7/6/09. Should Actiview show up in this list of programs? because its not even though we use it frequently.

thanks,
Mallory

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

If you click on it, a window will come up with version information and choices to deinstall/modify/repair (don't do anything)

ActiView itself is not an installed program, it is just a piece of just source code run by the LabVIEW RTE.

Mallory

Post by Mallory »

it doesn't let me click on the box for National Instruments Software, it just has the modify/remove option when I highlight it (no window pops up). I can only find a reference to labview 8.2 on my computer (and a folder for labview 7.1, but it doesn't appear to have much in it). I do however have a labview_dll.dll file in the folder that contains the configuration file I use when running actiview but I'm not sure what version the dll file is from, it doesn't say when I check the properties. So I would guess I'm using version 8.2.