TCP and ActiView relationship

Toycito

TCP and ActiView relationship

Post by Toycito »

Hello,

I'm using the TCP/IP communication of Actiview and I wonder if the signal processing that is available in ActiView is affecting TCP data. For example, if the ActiView filters are selected, the TCP data that I received is filtered too :?:

Thanks in advance
Toycito
:wink:

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

Filter and Reference selections in ActiView do not affect the data sent via TCP/IP. However, downsampling in ActiView does affect the sample rate and bandwidth.

Best regards, Coen (BioSemi)

Toycito

Post by Toycito »

Hello Coen,

I have another question, how can I know the lowest and the highest frequency of the signal if I select a Decimation of 1/4 which generates a Sample Rate of 512Hz and a Bandwidth of 104Hz. By the way, I am using a Fs = 2048Hz.

Thanks in advance
Toycito :roll:

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

The low frequencies extend to DC (no high pass), the -3dB point of the 5th order low-pass anti-aliasing filter is indicated in ActiView (104 Hz in your case), the filter response can be found here: http://www.biosemi.com/faq/adjust_filter.htm

Best regards, Coen (BioSemi)

Toycito

Post by Toycito »

Hello again,

Just to confirm, if I select any decimation process in ActiView the TCP server data will be affected in sample rate and bandwidth, won't it?

Thanks
Toycito

:oops:

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

Yes, that's correct, best regards, Coen