error 5000 remains

techmemorylab

error 5000 remains

Post by techmemorylab »

Hi there, after moving our equipment to our new lab and plugging all the cables back in last week we got the error 5000 when trying to run actiview. The typical fix of disconnecting and reconnection the USB cable did not help. Any ideas?

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

f nothing has been changed to the PC and AD-box (speedmode ?), then the USB cable and optical cable are the prime suspects.

- Is the "optical link" light on the USB receiver on to indicate that data is received ?
- What happens with the "USB link" light on the receiver when acquisition is started ?

Best regards, Coen (BioSemi)

techmemorylab

error 5000 remains

Post by techmemorylab »

The optical link light never went on and the usb link green light briefly goes on when acquisition is started in actiview but then it goes out again very quickly. I suppose it's possible one of the cables is bad though I moved them by hand and they look perfectly intact. None of the AD box settings have been changed.

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

If the optical link light remains off, then I suggest to replace the optical fiber.

The flashing USB light indicates that the communication between PC and receiver works.

Best regards, Coen (BioSemi)

techmemorylab

Post by techmemorylab »

We just checked the fiber-optic cord and it appears there was a kink in it. When we straightened it out and re-ran Actiview, everything seemed to be running fine. Thanks for your help.