When can we expect a new version that record files on .bdf+?

zeinternet

When can we expect a new version that record files on .bdf+?

Post by zeinternet »

As the title says, when can we expect a new version that records files on *.bdf+? or *edf+?

Or does the 6.05 version do that already? because using the Schloegl & Lorig files, available on Biosemi site, to open and read the recordings on Matlab and the header of the bdf file doesn't bring any info on personal data, like name or age...

Best regards,
Bruno Nascimento

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

The header of the standard BDF files features 2 fields with 80 characters each to store subject information, see http://www.biosemi.com/faq/file_format.htm. So, while BDF+ certainly allows more subject information to be stored in the header, your statement that "the header of the bdf file doesn't bring any info on personal data" is not correct.

I have no current plans to add BDF+ functionality to ActiView, I may re-consider when more users express the need for BDF+. I will certainly not add an option to save in EDF/EDF+ to ActiView.

ActiView is fully open-source, so you can always add BDF+ functionality yourself (and share the extra LabVIEW code with other BioSemi users).

Best regards, Coen (BioSemi)

zeinternet

Post by zeinternet »

thanks for the reply Coen, i hope some more users express this need for the bdf+ then. i found a way around to insert personal info on the header of the bdf file, but it aint very elegant. so i was hoping that the actiview software gets some new version where this happens automatically.

best regards,
bruno