error 5000 when turning off other USB device

daytrip

error 5000 when turning off other USB device

Post by daytrip »

I have recently encountered an error when I turn on a USB device that is attached to the same computer on which I am collecting Biosemi data. I have a Dell monitor which includes USB ports in the side thus in addition to connecting to the video port of the computer the monitor also connects to one of the USB ports. The Biosemi receiver plugs into a different USB port on the same computer. I have found that if I turn OFF the monitor power while I am recording I get the following error and the data stops recording:

Error 5000 occured at no incoming data

Possible reason(s)
ADC-Box power is off
or
Optical fiber is disconnected.

Obviously neither of these reasons is the problem. Once I restart the acquisition it usually resumes normally. Occasionally though (especially after several errors like this) it will give:

Error 5002 occured at ActiveTwo Synchronization

Possible Reason(s):
Unsuppored speedmode
or
Intermittent Data Loss
or
USB Driver not properly closed on exit.

These problems do NOT occur when I turn the monitor back on...only when I turn it off.

I tried to install the USB windows patch suggested to others on similar topics but I couldn't do it because it says that my system is updated beyond SP1 and thus can't take the patch. I am currently running XP with SP3.

I've tried switching the USB receiver and monitor to different USB ports with no change in behavior.

Any idea what is causing this and what I can do to fix it. Obviously I know not to turn off the monitor in the middle of the recording but occasionally I would like to be able to do that and not have to worry about this error.

Thanks,

Joe