error 5000 and error 5001

jonatmudd

error 5000 and error 5001

Post by jonatmudd »

We have been using a biosemi regularly for the past two years and have encountered a new problem.

Upon running the Labview acquisition program activeview.vi we often receive the following error:

"Error 5001: Error 5001 occurred at Ring Buffer Overflow
Buffer too small (select larger buffer or stop other applications)
or
Buffer too large (select smaller buffer or install more memory)"

Occasionally we get the Error 5000: saying the A/D box is off or the optical cable is unplugged.

We had never encountered either of these errors before, to the best of my knowledge. I searched the biosemi acq forums and found the post about making sure firmware was updated. I downloaded the patch and ran it. Still got the same problem.

All cables are connected as during an experiment, with the one main exception that we are recording dummy signals--no electrodes are plugged into the A/D box.

The power indicators are all normal--green light on "power" CMS in range blinks blue at a rate of about 2/sec.

Immediately after hitting the ">>>" button in labview to start acquisition, the green light on the right of "USB Link" on the Optical link/USB box blinks green for about 1 second and then stops. The data light on the left side, near "optical link" never lights up. Should it light up/blink to indicate data is being received/transfered?

I tried changing optical cables and still get the same problem/error messages. I see that there is a red light from "optical output" on the A/D box, as one would expect.

I've tried all the usual tricks, like resetting the computer, power cycling the biosemi box. Still no luck.

I'm not sure what else to try or what might be going wrong.

Any ideas on how to proceed? Is it possible the optical/usb box is not functioning properly? I suspect it is not...

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

Because we replaced your motherboard due to the earlier discussed water damage, your AD-box is now a version Mk2 (also see viewtopic.php?t=270 ). However, your (old) USB receiver only recognizes Mk1 boxes.

Please send your USB receiver for reprogramming to the latest firmware. This will fix the problem.

Best regards, Coen (BioSemi)