How to activate TCP in ActiView

kokushotai

How to activate TCP in ActiView

Post by kokushotai »

Hello. I'm now using ActiView and try to connect to my Python TCP client by using TCP/IP tab in ActiView.
1. There are several blanks like "remote address", "port", "Bytes"... I couldn't input value in those blanks by typing. Is ther any way to set those values?
2. In my thought, if I start measuring by selecting start button in ActiView, TCP listening will be started and find TCP client and start to send measuring datas. Is this correct? If it is, could ActiView send datas from the begening even though it connected later than the time first sample of data comes.

Thank you in advance.

Taisuke

Coen
Site Admin

Re: How to activate TCP in ActiView

Post by Coen »

Select a port number and the channels to transmit, the other fields will show data when the client connects.

ActiView starts transmitting when the client connects. Data before the connection is made cannot be transmitted.

Test with the LabVIEW client: https://www.biosemi.com/download/ToolsF ... 00-Win.zip

Best regards, Coen (BioSemi)

kokushotai

Re: How to activate TCP in ActiView

Post by kokushotai »

Dear Coen (BioSemi),

Thank you for replying. I finally could connect TCP client(ActiView) from my application.
There is another question came up my mind.
The number of samples included in one packet will be automatically decided. How this number will be decided?

Best regards, Taisuke.