ActiView responding to keyboard commands even when it does not have focus

bburan

ActiView responding to keyboard commands even when it does not have focus

Post by bburan »

I've been doing some development on ActiView and noticed that whenever a different window (e.g., a web browser or text editor) has focus, ActiView will still respond to my key presses. In particular, ActiView will change tabs whenever I press the arrow keys even if ActiView does not have focus. How is this possible? How do we prevent this behavior?

Coen
Site Admin

Re: ActiView responding to keyboard commands even when it does not have focus

Post by Coen »

In the latest 9.00 Windows version of ActiView (put on our website today), I have deleted the arrow Left/Right/Up/Down and Pgup/Pgdn keyboard shortcuts. In LabVIEW 2021, the "key focus" property node does not work for the Menu Ring controls, and therefore I could not get the shortcuts to work fully reliable. These shortcuts did not work under Mac and Linux anyway, and have never been available for the Mac/Linux versions. The remaining shortcuts for all platforms are:

- ENTER = Start
- HOME = Reset Baseline
- F1-F8 = Triggers 9-16

In your own modified ActiView, you can just delete all (3) Keyboard/Input VI's and associated wiring (lower left corner of orange State 4). The above shortcuts will remain, but the Arrow and Page keys won't affect ActiView anymore. Refer to the 9.00 block diagram for help.

Best regards, Coen (BioSemi)

bburan

Re: ActiView responding to keyboard commands even when it does not have focus

Post by bburan »

Thank you very much! We don't have a LabView development license so we don't have the ability to modify the source code. I'll download the updated executable. Have a great day.