Synchronizing EEG with a long signal

victorminces

Synchronizing EEG with a long signal

Post by victorminces »

I would like to present the subject a long sequence of stimuli (20 mins) and have it perfectly synchronized with the EEG activity. What is the best to do this? In other systems I have used an EEG channel to "record" the stimuli simultaneously with the brain data. It would be ideal if I can do something similar with your system.
Thanks
Victor

Coen
Site Admin

Re: Synchronizing EEG with a long signal

Post by Coen »

victorminces

Post by victorminces »

Thank you. But I don't think either of these options can work. Those are options for using triggers. What I want is to record a long speech signal together with the brain in order to have them perfectly synchronized. Do you have any other suggestions?
Thanks

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

Purchase our microphone and ERGO input, see http://www.biosemi.com/accessoires.htm

Best regards, Coen (BioSemi)

victorminces

Post by victorminces »

Thanks. But our speech signal is not recorded through a microphone but is "pre-recorded" and presented through a computer's audio output. Can I connect the computer's audio output through the ERGO input?

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

You should never connect a computer to an ERGO input since that would short the galvanic isolation of the front-end (refer to warnings in the manual).

Connect the audio signal to an Analog Input Box, see http://www.biosemi.com/aib.htm. You will then have the audio signal as an extra analog channel on screen and on BDF file.

Best regards, Coen (BioSemi)

victorminces

Post by victorminces »

Thanks, I think that should work.

matfra

Post by matfra »

Hi,

I would like to revisit the discussion above to get more clarity on the possibility of recording audio stimuli along with the EEG signal, in order to get a clear record of the timing of auditory stimuli.
How could I record two auditory channels (subject microphone and auditory stimulation) synchronized with the EEG signals? As I understand from the discussion above, this is only possible with the AIB, correct? Does this solution allow two auditory channels? And how do I get my audio signal (let's say from a simple audio jack) to the AIB?

Thanks!