AD box difficulty

Kath

AD box difficulty

Post by Kath »

Hi,

Our equipment has been working fine aside from a few noisy electrodes, but today when I went to bucket-test the electrodes, I had a lot of trouble. When I connected the electrode set to the connector (but not attached to a subject or salt water), the green light on the AD box came on while the blue one flickered, as expected. But as soon as I put the electrodes in the salt water, or touched them against a subject's skin (particularly CMS and DRL), both the blue and green lights flashed once and then disappeared, and would not come back on. I tried with several different sets of electrodes and the same thing happened each time.

I also tried plugging the electrodes into different connectors on the AD box, but the blue light just flickered and I couldn't get CM in range.

I am quite sure that the fibre-optic cable, battery, and electrodes (which are new) are all functioning fine. Do you know what this problem could be? I've never seen this before.

Your help would be much appreciated.
Thank you,
Kath

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

The problem is most probable a defect electrode set (broken conductor, damaged or polluted connector). A less probable cause is a defect or polluted (gel) connector on the AD-box. The problem can usually be localized quite quickly by swapping components. The defect item is then sent to us for repair or replacement.

Best regards, Coen (BioSemi)

Aliez

The same problem

Post by Aliez »

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem of CM in range. Previously I had perfect experiments. today, I put the cap & electrodes on, then I was checking electrodes offset (which was ok at first). Suddenly instead of usual waveforms I started getting oblique baseline waveforms. SO I checked the system and connection again, everything was connected as before but the "CM in range LED" was flashing, I tried adding gel to the CMS and DRL electrodes and even I changed the holes to see if the problem is with cap hole or not. Still I had the same Flashing light. We had 2 differenct CML/DRL electrodes, so most possibly the problem is not form electrodes too.

Any idea what is the problem?

Thank you
Ali

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »