incredibly noisy signals

jsr745

incredibly noisy signals

Post by jsr745 »

We have recently acquired a brand new Active Two system which initially was working fine. Recently however, we’ve found the signal is incredibly noisy. This is not the usual level of noise you often initially get, this is literally a screen full of fuzz where individual wave forms cannot be identified as they all merge into each other. On such occasions the offset has always been well within an acceptable range.

We are about the go through a trial and error process to identify the source of the problem but I was wondering if anyone knew what the most likely source would be. Unfortunately, this problem is intermittent. I tested someone last week and instantly got a perfectly clear signal, yesterday it was terrible. As far as I know, nothing in the room had changed and nothing I did was different. All we know so far is that it’s not due to the electrodes themselves as we have 2 sets and both produce the same problem. It’s also not due to individual differences because I’ve tested colleagues who’ve produced clean signals in the past but are now on occasion producing these really noisy signals.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

The blue light is probably blinking (Common Mode not in range). Please contatc BioSemi for further service.

This forum is meant as a platform for discussion. Please direct questions about service directly to BioSemi.

Best regards, Coen (BioSemi)