Sending triggers from Response Switch through parallel port to psychopy

BoncompteG

Sending triggers from Response Switch through parallel port to psychopy

Post by BoncompteG »

Hello

I'm tying to implement an experiment that requires the use of two buttons "Response Switches" which go to the AC-Box (port ERGO1). AC-Box in turn is connected through fiber optic to the Analog Input Box. This AIB is connected by a parallel port to the display computer and through USB to an EEG computer. On the EEG computer, on ActiveView software I'm fully able to detect psychopy-evoked LTP triggers and button-produced triggers.

The thing is I would like to be able to read the LTP triggers produced by the button on the psychopy computer to log responses and give feedback.

I've tried several options, including writing code that checks if I'm receiving LTP signals through any pin (2-13 nor 15).
I also tried using this solution https://discourse.psychopy.org/t/issue- ... box/9759/2
that consisted on manually changing pin7 of the parallel port.

I don't really know what else to try.

Best,
Gonzalo

Coen
Site Admin

Re: Sending triggers from Response Switch through parallel port to psychopy

Post by Coen »

With "RespSwitch=1" in the CFG, the button triggers are available on pins 17 and 18 of the trigger port on the USB-receiver, see https://www.biosemi.com/faq/trigger_signals.htm .

I understand that you acquire the psychopy triggers with the AIB. Why don't you connect the psychopy triggers directly to pins 1-8 of the trigger port on the USB-receiver ?

Best regards, Coen (BioSemi)

BoncompteG

Post by BoncompteG »

Hello Coen

Indeed we are able to read all triggers on the EEG pc, both coming from psychophysics and from the response switches. What we are not being able to do is to read the triggers that are being send from the response switches (ergo port) in the psychopy pc. In other words, the AIE is receiving triggers from psychopy but it is not sending the triggers from the resoponse switches to psychopy.

Ive tested all readable ltp pins (2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 15) and none gets any signal from the response switches.

Although we got the triggers from response switches in the EEG PC, we also need them in the psychopy PC in order to give active feedback.

Best
Gonzalo

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

You have to make a suitable cable to route pins 17+18 of the USB-receiver to readable pins of the psychopy PC.

Best regards, Coen (BioSemi)