USB2.0 Receiver Box not working

drojas96

USB2.0 Receiver Box not working

Post by drojas96 »

Hello everyone,

I have been using the ActiveTwo for my research and always start with a bucket test after setting up the system to check that I'm getting signals from the active electrodes. For the first time ever - after having run this system at least 15 times - I got an error message in ActiView after hitting the Start button in the upper-left corner that looked something like "ADC box powered off -OR- optic fiber disconnected". However, the optic fiber cable was connected correctly and the ADC box was powered on. The only thing I noticed that was different was that the "optic link" and "USB link" indicator lights on the USB2.0 receiver box were both off, so clearly the source of this error message is the USB2.0 receiver box.

Here's what I've tried to troubleshoot this problem (with no success so far):
- Powered off then powered on the ADC box
- Powered off then powered on the desktop computer the receiver box is connected to
- Used a spare optical fiber cable that came with the system
- Used a different USB cable
- Used two different USB ports: tried SS port first, tried 2.0 standard port second
- Checked the computer's drivers for the box to confirm they were up-to-date (they are)
- Checked for damage and wear-and-tear on the receiver box (there was none)

I'm not sure what else to try and unfortunately due to the time difference it's a bit hard for me to get in touch with tech support at the BioSemi office. Is there something on the ADC box that I should mess with to get the receiver box working again? Is there something I'm just not seeing?

Please let me know what you all think.
Attachments
MicrosoftTeams-image (1).jpg
MicrosoftTeams-image (1).jpg (167.88 KiB) Viewed 3453 times

Coen
Site Admin

Re: USB2.0 Receiver Box not working

Post by Coen »

Check the speedmode (rotary) switch on the AD-box, should be on 4, 5, 6 or 7.

Best regards, Coen (BioSemi)