Hyperscanning using one amplifier

marcams978

Hyperscanning using one amplifier

Post by marcams978 »

Hello!

I hope you are well.

I am conducting a hyperscanning, real-time neurofeedback, experiment (Biosemi active two) and streaming data using the openvibe acquisition server. However, the driver available does not currently handle speed modes 0 to 3. I have a couple of questions that would help me circumvent this or at least shed light on what is feasible or not:

1. Can a single amplifier handle obtaining EEG signal from two sources, the potential setback being how only one set of CMS/DRL electrodes will be used for the integrated referencing per amplifier?

2. If we use only one set of CMS/DRL electrodes for the referencing of two sources, are there mitigations (such as Y-split GND cables or software equivalents) that should be put in place?

3. Is it possible to not use the CMS/DRL electrodes and opt for an alternative method of referencing (streaming the raw data directly from the amplifiers to then reference online)?

Thank you so much for your help in advance - and apologies for any silly assumptions/questions made here.

Kind regards,

M

Coen
Site Admin

Re: Hyperscanning using one amplifier

Post by Coen »

The answer to all 3 above questions is: no. Each subject should have its own AD-box. Up to four AD-boxes are daisy-chained by optical fibers. The combined data is processed by a single computer and saved into a single file.

Best regards, Coen (BioSemi)