send trigger using Arduino

Hyejin

send trigger using Arduino

Post by Hyejin »

Dear all.

Hi,
I have a question about sending the arduino trigger, so I'm asking.

I want to leave a trigger on eeg data through arduino when recording eeg using biosemi.
I was the answer that you can connect the digital output of arduino to the usb-reciever (of bio-semi).

Does this mean to connect the "trigger in/out" cable to the arduino?
(Does that mean that the end of the trigger port cable (usb 2.0) should be connected to arduino?)

If possible, please explain in more detail.

The way I think it is now is to install a USB to Serial commuincation module in arduino to generate a trigger and connect it with the "trigger in/out" port of USB-receiver.
Can this method shoot a trigger through arduino during eeg recording?

I look forward to your valuable reply.
Thank you.
Regards,
Hyejin.

Gerben

Re: send trigger using Arduino

Post by Gerben »

Dear Hyejin,

The Biosemi USB Trigger interface or the Biosemi Presentation cable is not needed to connect a Arduino to the trigger connector of the USB-receiver.

The trigger in/output port of the USB-reveiver is a sub-D37 TTL 5V compatible connector.
In order to send a trigger you need to connect pin 37 of the trigger connector to the ground pin of your Arduino and connect pin 1 of the trigger connector to one of the io pins of the Arduino, with this you can send a trigger to trigger channel 1.

the complete pinout of the trigger connector can be found at the bottom of the page at https://www.biosemi.com/faq/trigger_signals.htm

Best regards,
Gerben (Biosemi)