USB trigger inferface seen as "USB Parallel converter" but without driver support

fbarrett

USB trigger inferface seen as "USB Parallel converter" but without driver support

Post by fbarrett »

Greetings,

I've purchased a new Dell Precision 3630 with Windows 10, and I've installed the latest version of Presentation. When I attach the USB trigger interface (https://www.biosemi.com/faq/USB%20Trigg ... 0cable.htm), it does Not appear in the Device Manager as a USB Serial Converter (with driver support, that is automatically available in Presentation) but rather appears in the Device Manager under the "Other Devices" heading, listed as a "USB Parallel converter" and with a "caution" sign overlaid on the icon for the device. Device status reads "The drivers for this device are not installed (Code 28). There are no compatible drivers for this device."

Though I didn't think it would do any good, I tried hooking everything up and sending triggers over the other, existing ports (COM1 and COM3), but they do not seem to send over the USB Trigger Interface, and I cannot get any triggers from presentation into ActiView on the data collection computer. Please advise on next steps that I could take to troubleshoot this issue. Thank you in advance for your time!!

Best Regards,

Fred

Gerben

Re: USB trigger inferface seen as "USB Parallel converter" but without driver support

Post by Gerben »

Dear Fred,

Normally the driver should automaticity install from the windows update service,.
You can force a retry of the automatic driver install by pressing right click on the device in the device manager, choose "Update Driver Software" and select automatically.

If for some reason the automatic driver install keeps failing you can install the driver manually,
you can download the driver here: https://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM21228_Setup.zip
After installing the driver manually you should unplug and re-plug the USB trigger interface.

Best regards,

BioSemi, Gerben