Bipolar view when not using EX1-8

Huisintveld

Bipolar view when not using EX1-8

Post by Huisintveld »

L.S.,

I am currently working on a surface EMG experiment, using the Headbox with 32 Active TouchProof connectors, of which I use 16 channels with the flat type electrodes.

Unfortunately, this means I am unable to use a bipolar view as you can do with the EX1-8 channels, where you can see what the signal of EX1 - EX2 looks like.

For example, it would be very useful to me if I can check what the signal looks like if I subtract A1 - A2, A3 - A4, etc.

Is this in any way possible?

Kind regards,

Elisabeth Huis in 't Veld
Tilburg University

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

Bipolar leads can be displayed one-by-one by using the "free choice" options for "channels" and "reference" in the monopolar tabpage (e.g.: select chan A1 and ref A2 to display A1-A2).

Using the bipolar tabpage for other channels than EX1-EX2 requires some simple code changes in LabVIEW. Since ActiView is fully open source, the user can easily adapt the program to his special needs.

Best regards, Coen

Huisintveld

Post by Huisintveld »

I wouldn't call it easy, I installed LabView and spend the better part of my day trying to work it out but alas.
(I also can't find a good manual for complete beginners like myself.)

If anyone has an idea on how to accomplish this I love to hear it!

Until then I will manually check every channel as you suggested.

Sincerely, Elisabeth Huis in 't Veld

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

Just change the channels routed (with a 2D array) into subvi "Ref-Bip-New4.vi" from EX1-EX8 (chan 257-265 in speedmode 4) to the 16 channels used for flat electrodes (in your case: E1-E16, chan 129-144).

Best regards, Coen (BioSemi)

Huisintveld

Post by Huisintveld »

Thank you so much for your patience, but I don't even know how to get to the part in the software where you can change this. If I try to import a library I don't see the Ref-Bip-New4.vi, and if I open Ref-Bip-New4.vi I don't see where I can change the channel numbers, and the Call Library function is beyond my comprehension as well!

I am sorry for my utter lack of knowledge concerning any of this!

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

Please see viewtopic.php?t=656 and viewtopic.php?t=65 .

Best regards, Coen (BioSemi)