Modifying actiview program: Changing the screen resolution

nc3

Modifying actiview program: Changing the screen resolution

Post by nc3 »

I want to edit the executable ActiveView so that I can use ActiveView on laptops with a much smaller screen resolution. Anyone know how I can do that? As the program is built for several different screen resolutions, it should be possible to modify the program for other screen resolutions.

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

You cannot modify the exe directly. You'll need to have the LabVIEW programming environment installed on your PC (LabVIEW full development version). Open the ActiView LabVIEW library (ActiviewXXX.llb). It is then basically a matter of resizing all front panel controls and indicators. In addition, you will need to change the coordinates for the electrode labels, and the scaling of the trigger chart (numerical display formats). Finally, your new library can be compiled into an exe for further distribution (LabVIEW professional version required)

Best regards, Coen (BioSemi)

nc3

changing labview front panel control sizes

Post by nc3 »

Thanks for the information. I have one more question. I am trying to resize the tab control. However, everytime i change the tab control dimension, nothing happens. Is there a default tab size set anywhere?

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

The tab size scales automatically to the selected font size of the text on the tabs.

nc3

Tab pane, I mean

Post by nc3 »

I meant the tab control pane, not the tabs themselves. I try to rescale the Charts/Graphs control pane to 850x800 but everytime I run the labview program, it rescales back to the original 1078x950. That's my dilemma. Any suggestions?

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

Did you reduce the size of the offset graphs (controlled by property nodes) ?

nc3

offset graphs

Post by nc3 »

I did it manually. I thought that would take care of it. I must be wrong. I will look for the actual property nodes and change them. Thanks

nc3

help finding offset

Post by nc3 »

Where is this offset? Trying to locate it by searching is not working. Where is the 1076x935 value for the tab initialized? Is it hardcoded or are the values found programmatically in a subVi? If so, which section of the LabView code/which subVI?

nc3

not offset but property nodes

Post by nc3 »

correction to last message: not offset but property nodes controlling the sizes of the graphs.

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

Right click on the graphs, and search for property nodes