Labview help using PCI version of box

F.D.

Labview help using PCI version of box

Post by F.D. »

hello support team,
I am a newbie to using your acquisition system. I trying to use the biosemi recording box based on PCI-interface (rather that the USB) to captuer data from 128 channels for ECG measurement. I am only trying to read data from the box but for some reason (that I am dying to know) I can't. I tried starting with one of the DI examples in Labview (in different modes: pattern I/O, handshaking cont. and buffered, burst) but I still get no data (read DI returns array of size 0) and the buffer is not emptied (I can tell that by the error LED in the buffer device between the DI card and the box). I also tried to sneak a peak at how your Actiview program does it but I couldn't :wink: so can somebody tell me what mistake I am doing or what I am not doing. is there any known issue or initializations I have to do first.

by the way, I am using labview 7.1 (full version) on windows 2000. PCI card is PCI-DIO-32HS, I installed the latest version of NI-DAQ. The system lists the PCI card under Acquisition devices (but also recognizes it under unknown devices) I can see it in MAX and change I/O. The box I have has a feature so that I can write a 0 to stop sending data and 1 to start sending so as to capture the beginning of data. I can write and I see the error LED gonig off and back on (in debug mode). I also know the setup of equipment is right because I have a test program in C that works fine under DOS.

Please, any help would be greatly appreciated, Thank you

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

I recommend to use our ActiView as an example, use the latest version for the PCI card, 4.09, which can be downloaded complete with source codes from http://www.biosemi.com/download/LatestA ... 0V4.09.zip . The source code of the subvi's that read the PCI card can be accessed by using the password "phoenix".

You will see that we do not use the basic LabVIEWsubvi's to read the data from the PCI card. Instead we use direct calls to the Nidaq functions, in order to store the data in a large ringbuffer before further processing. This alternative method allows stable acquisition combined with smooth scrolling of data on screen, something that cannot be achieved with the subvi's provided by LabVIEW (which use a double-buffered method).

Best regards, Coen (BioSemi)

F.D.

Re:

Post by F.D. »

Thanks alot Coen,
I did have doubts about Labview subVI's and I tried to use low level function calls but I couldn't find some of the prototypes.
I was able to open the source for Actiview subVI's that deal with configuring the DI card using the password you gave me. I will give it a try and hopefully it works.

I really would like to thank you again for your prompt and helpful reply.

F.D