Problem with triggers

AlBarca

Problem with triggers

Post by AlBarca »

Hi there,

I am having problems with my triggers. I used E-Prime for my experiment and had triggers such as 101, 202, etc. When I ran the experiment, all the triggers and sentence numbers appeared properly. However, now that I look at the data the triggers appear as S1, S2, up to S8. So for each sentence instead of having, for example, S12 (sentence number) 101 (trigger), I get S1, S1, S1, S1, S1, S7, S1, S1 (in this case I found out S1 represents each word of the sentence and S7 the trigger). I tried to find a coherent pattern that I could use but there does not seem to have any.

Any suggestion?

Thanks,
Alice

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

8-bit unsigned numbers versus binary codes. Use better software to read the files, or limit your trigger codes to 16 (only one line high per code).

Best regards, Coen

AlBarca

Re: Problem with triggers

Post by AlBarca »

Dear Coen,

Thanks very much for your reply. I now have to use Brain Vision (as opposed to EEGLab before) to analyse my data collected with Biosemi. I converted the data into EDF files but is there a way I could solve this 8-bit unsigned numbers versus binary codes issue so that I could see the right triggers?

Thanks,
Alice

Coen
Site Admin

Re: Problem with triggers

Post by Coen »

The issue won't be solved so long as you use BrainVisison.

Best regards, Coen (BioSemi)