cropper cannot find LV runtimes in Windows 7 64-bit

mbinder

cropper cannot find LV runtimes in Windows 7 64-bit

Post by mbinder »

Hello,

I use Windows 7 64-bit and I cannot launch the Cropper utility (in fact, Decimator and Reader too). Each time I run it, the message box pops out saying that it's "unable to locate LabVIEW Run-Time Engine". This happens despite I've installed both 32-bit and 64-bit LV runtimes (version 8.6.1 and 2009, respectively).

I suspect that Cropper looks for 32-bit runtimes in the default directories of the 32-bit versions of Windows, while on 64-bit editions they're stored elsewhere. Is there a way to specify where Cropper should look for the files it needs?

Best wishes,
Marek

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

The file tools on the BioSemi download link are still LabVIEW 8.2. We will upgrade the links to 8.6.1 soon.

Best regards, Coen (BioSemi)

jdspoorendonk

Post by jdspoorendonk »

I want to use Decimator. But when I try to install LabVIEW 8.2. runtime engine I get an error:

"The Windows Installer is corrupt. To attempt to resolve this issue, please register the engine by running regsvr32.exe on msi. dll."

I do not really understand what this means but I could not find regsvr32.exe

Kind regards,

Jasper

jdspoorendonk

Post by jdspoorendonk »

I got an other version of 8.2 and it's working

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

The BDF file tools compiled for LabVIEW RunTimeEngine 8.6.1 are now available from http://www.biosemi.com/download/ToolsFo ... Engine861/

Best regards, Coen (BioSemi)