Recording EOG's

edow

Recording EOG's

Post by edow »

I was wondering if anyone knows how to just record the EOG channels without having to record all the other cap electrodes?

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

Use the "Free Choice" channels selection to display just the EOG channels in the monopolar display, and select "Monopolar Displayed Channels" as save subset in the file save dialog.

Best regards, Coen (BioSemi)

edow

Post by edow »

Hi Coen,

This is going to significantly reduce disk space. Your help is much appreciated, thanks alot!

Liz

cemiller

Re: Recording EOG's

Post by cemiller »

Is there a way to only record EOGs, without using scalp electrodes? From what I understand DRL and CMS need to be used regardless?

I am hoping to use the system to look only at eye movements, and wanted to avoid having to use the cap if possible.

Thanks

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

Use a flat-type CMS/DRL conencted to the frort-panel of the AD-box.

cemiller

Post by cemiller »

Excellent, I forgot that you make those flat as well. Is there an optimal place for positioning the CMS/DRL electrodes? Does it matter where they go on the head/face?

Sorry about all the questions, and thanks for your help.

Best wishes

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

The CMS should be approx. in the center of the measuring electrodes, for example on the nose or the forehead.

The DRL can be anywhere on the body. In theory, a location at some distance of the measuring sites is optimal. In practice, a location not too far from the CMS often results in lower interference levels (I don't have a good explanation). Some trial and error to archive the best location for minimal interference levels (in the unreferenced display) may be useful.