problem recording data from EXG electrodes while using AIB

daytrip

problem recording data from EXG electrodes while using AIB

Post by daytrip »

Hello,

We are having problems recording from EXG electrodes while using the Analog Input Box (AIB). Our A/D Box was modified in the fall to allow daisy-chaining for multiple-subject recordings. Since then, we've encountered No signal in EXG channels when using the AIB box. This occurs when using only one A/D box (no daisy-chaining). I have not tried it when multiple boxes are connected. Another user in our lab told me that the EXG signals do actually appear but appear as electrodes E1 - E8. I believe we are using the latest version of Actiview (I can't verify this right now because it is not in front of me) and the AIB is set to speed mode 8 and the A/D box to speed mode 0. I've tried other speed modes on the A/D box and it still does not function properly.

Any ideas what may be happening? Is this a bug in the Actiview software? If so, can we get this fixed?

Joseph Brooks
University of California, Berkeley

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

This is not a known bug. Please test with the latest 5.37 version of ActiView (http://www.biosemi.com/download.htm)

1) Test with a single AD-box on speedmode 4
2) Test with 1 AD-box (speedmode 4) plus AIB (speedmode 8)
3) Test with two AD-boxes (speedmode 0 and speedmode 1)

Test with the CMS/DRL and EX electrodes in salt water. By moving the electrodes, you can quickly identify whether the signals are displayed in the proper channels.

Best regards, Coen (BioSemi)

daytrip

Post by daytrip »

It looks like the speed mode was the issue. I installed the new (5.37) actiview and made the speedmode on the AD-box 4 and it worked fine. Thanks!

J