Apply different config file post data collection?

mikaelaa

Apply different config file post data collection?

Post by mikaelaa »

Hello,

Is there a way to replace the config file used in BioSemi acquisition after the data has already been acquired? Essentially, if an incorrect config file was used when recording, is the data is still salvageable?

Thanks-

Coen
Site Admin

Re: Apply different config file post data collection?

Post by Coen »

You can reduce the number of channels with the Reducer tool: http://www.biosemi.com/download/ToolsFo ... ucer86.zip

You can downsample with the Decimeter tool: http://www.biosemi.com/download/ToolsFo ... ator86.zip

You can change the channel labels: see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=735

Best regards, Coen (BioSemi)

dan_cook

Re: Apply different config file post data collection?

Post by dan_cook »

Is there a unix executable for removing unwanted channels?

I accidentally recorded with the default ActiView .cfg file, and now I can not load my data in MNE without (I think) modifying the .bdf header file.

Things I tried:
I tried to modify the channel labels in the header file using EDFbrowser, but in my good .cfg file, I have 402 lines consisting of "variable=value" (i.e. line 273 is "Tou8 = EXG8") and when I edit the header file of the data acquired with the default config file, I only have 272 lines. This means that I am unsure of what lines to edit, or which channels to include in a reduced file.

I also tried to convert a 14 minute sample to a ASCII file, but this failed.

I also tried to reduce the file just to the 64 channels (just A1-32, and B1-32), leaving out my EOGs, stim channels etc. But, this failed as well with EDFbrowser.

Tomorrow, I will try again on a windows machine with the solution proposed by Coen - using the reducer and the splitter and the merger apps.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Is there a better way to do this? It's starting to look like acquiring a new participant would just be much quicker.