Issue with trigger coding

irsikv

Issue with trigger coding

Post by irsikv »

Hello,

I recently updated the operating system on my lab computer, and then installed the newest version of Actiview. I have successfully installed it but I keep having a reoccurring issue. While actiview is running, the bottom of the screen shows a muli-colored bar where the label "trig. 9-16" is. It looks as if it is continuously receiving data, which is not the case when I check the output. It still recognizes triggers getting sent in the section marked "trig 1-8", and "trig. 9-16". When triggers sent through "trig. 9-16" the colored bar shows a break where that response occurred. It doesn't seem to actually mess with data collection, but since our previous version didnt do this- it worries me a bit. I've looked through the config file, the help manuals, and forums- and nothing seems to fix my issue. I attached a print screen of what it looks like when my issue occurs.
Any help would be much appreciated!
Thank you,
Vanessa
Attachments
error.png
error.png (85.89 KiB) Viewed 21107 times

Coen
Site Admin

Re: Issue with trigger coding

Post by Coen »

All versions of ActiView use the same processing and display of triggers, best regards, Coen (BioSemi)

irsikv

Post by irsikv »

I am concerned there was a problem with re-install, since this did not happen in our previous version, but I have not been able to successfully trouble shoot this. Have you seen this error before? I posted a screen shot of my issue on the previous post.

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

The triggers look normal, what is it exactly is it that you think is wrong ?

The re-install can not affect the triggers alone (if there is an installation problem, then nothing works).

Best regards, Coen (BioSemi)

irsikv

Post by irsikv »

On the bottom of the screen is a multicolored bar where it reads trig 9-16. In the past when we have loaded up Actiview this bar was present on the trig 1-8 and trig 9-16 portion, and once we started up our stimuli presentation software this bar would clear out. Now, the bar is present on the section marked trig 9-16. It looks like it still receives trigger codes because it will show a break in the colored bar if our cedrus response box is used. If we use the computer keyboard to respond triggers are sent on the section marked trig 1-8. I want to make sure this is not causing an issue since this is not the same way our previous install of actiview was functioning.

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

CFG can affect trigger 9 and 10 (depending on the use of response switches).

Any other difference between the ActiView versions is impossible.

Best regards, Coen

Dritan

Post by Dritan »

I have the same issue as you. The bottom, 9-16 trigger panel is on all the time. It certainly means that it is sending triggers all the time and it is turning off when you send your trigger - hence you see the break. It means that the pins 9-16 are on all the time and the actual trigger turns a particular pin off.

Dritan

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

Trigger lines are High (colored) when the trigger generator (stimulus computer) sends a High, or when the particular input is unconnected (each input has a 10 kOhm pull-up resistor). Connect an unused line (input pin) to Pin 37 (Ground) to pull the line Low.

Use positive trigger logic: Low = Idle, High = Trigger (the Low to High transition is the actual trigger moment). Using negative trigger logic may result in lost triggers when downsampling (decimate selector) is applied.

The "analog" display mode (colored bars) shows the actual status of the 16 trigger lines. The other display modes (numbers) only show line changes (rising of falling edges of the lines).

If lines 9 and 10 show strange behavior, then check the CFG, see viewtopic.php?f=7&t=977&p=2985

Best regards, Coen (BioSemi)