"start saving" trigger

bachman

"start saving" trigger

Post by bachman »

Hello,

I record EEG data using E-Prime v2 and ActiView. I am able to reliably send triggers from E-Prime to ActiView, but I have been unable to determine how to send a trigger that tells ActiView to start saving data (i.e., to un-pause). Is there a method for doing that, so I don't have to manually un-pause before and re-pause after each experimental tasK?

Thank you very much!
Peter

Coen
Site Admin

Re: "start saving" trigger

Post by Coen »

The Pause Off/On codes are stored in the configuring (.cfg) file. Open the cfg file with a text editor (e.g. notepad or wordpad), scroll down to the 11th and 10th lines from the end of the file:

PauseOff=-1 //-1 is disabled, 0-255 is enabled
PauseOn=-1 //-1 is disabled, 0-255 is enabled

Change the "-1" values for the codes that you want to use for un-pause (PauseOff) and re-pause (PauseOn). Do not change anything else in the cfg file.

Open ActiView, check that the new codes are displayed correctly in the "Pause Off/On" indicator (bottom of the right sidebar, or bottom of the left sidebar with the "About ActiView" tabpage selected. ActiView should now unlock and lock the Pause button upon receiving the entered codes from your stimulus setup.

Best regards, Coen (BioSemi)

bachman

Re: "start saving" trigger

Post by bachman »

Perfect - thank you very much!