Editing 32-channels in default.cfg

anvita

Editing 32-channels in default.cfg

Post by anvita »

Hello,
I was wondering how to edit the default.cfg file so that it records data from only specific channels and EXG electrodes and not all of them. When I tried to delete the unused channels, it gave a 7000 series Error? Even deleting the channels and keeping only "" also does not help.
Could you help me understand step wise how might I use the "free choice" channel selection to display the channels of interest. Especially as per your forum, it mentions, choose "save as monopolar displayed". To save the setting I am supposed to create a new CFG, is it to be named: "about"? what does tabpage mean? I am unable to understand the instructions and seek help or resource to follow this.
I understand that unused channels do not affect the channels in use, so should I not change these; however, in my 32-channel cap, I have an electrode named “C3”, however, this is also named the same as channel67, so when I do the analysis, it says many channels have the same name.
Please help.
Best regards,
Anvita
Attachments
Extra channels
Extra channels
Actiview2.jpeg (173.37 KiB) Viewed 568 times
Channel_names
Channel_names
Actiview1.jpeg (166.72 KiB) Viewed 568 times

Coen
Site Admin

Re: Editing 32-channels in default.cfg

Post by Coen »

Do not edit CFGs in Notepad.

Open ActiView, set the controls according to your preferences, make a short data file, select the "about" tabpage and save your front-panel settings in a new CFG.

Best regards, Coen (BioSemi)

anvita

Post by anvita »

Thank you that helped!
I have another question that follows, I have a 32-channel cap that has CMS and DRL in them, how can I define these in Actiview or how do I find the channel number to use them as reference?
Best regards,
Anvita

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »