Error 5000

liborme

Error 5000

Post by liborme »

Hi,

I have been collecting ERP data with a Biosemi ActiveTwo 32 channel set up, but recently have started getting an error during data acquisition which resulted in having to restart the recording (error 5002). However, I now cannot even start a recording and have started getting the 5000 error, suggesting no incoming data.

Im using a laptop running windows XP professional with service pack 3. I was using Actiview version 605, but have since tried 707_lores as well without any success.

I've tested all the cables on our other kit and it seems to work. There is a solid green light with flashing/solid blue light on the AD box. The battery is fine etc. From reading threads, it seems the problem must be with the USB receiver. When connecting the USB, I get the 'plonk' sound, the optic fiber light comes on, but the USB light on the USB receiver doesn't come on and i don't get the brief flash mentioned on other threads. It also doesn't flash when i try to run actiview.

I've checked the USB is indeed a USB2, which it is (see attached pic, it doesn't appear under the USB section in the device manager - im not sure if thats an issue?), and I've tried updating the drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling them etc., I've tried replacing the labview_dll file with the 42KB version as detailed in other threads which didn't resolve the issue. I found one thread that suggested that the USB receiver may be very old and they had success with the v1.0 driver, but this didn't resolve the issue.

I've run the labview_dll_synctest, which didnt run for 30 seconds and produced the following:

Parameters can be, in any order:
Time to run, in seconds:
default is 600 seconds (10 minutes)
0=unlimited

Ring buffer size, in 512 byte units,
must have a 'b' or 'B' prefix:
default is B65536 for 32 MBytes

Ring buffer extra bytes beyond the 512 multiple,
must have a '+' prefix and be a multiple of 4:
default is +0 for no extra bytes

Hit any key to quit
sizeof long = 4
ring buffer size = 33554432
IN PipeType (3) not bulk (2)!
*** bsif_usb_write: acquisition thread not running after 1 second
usb_write for enable handshake trouble 997
Overlapped I/O operation is in progress.

Any ideas what the problem might be?!

I cant find any serial numbers or anything on the USB receiver, but the AD box is an ActiveTwo AD-box ADC-9; Serial No: ADC9-04-116 if that is any help?
Attachments
Driver2.JPG
Driver2.JPG (48.54 KiB) Viewed 9788 times

Coen
Site Admin

Re: Error 5000

Post by Coen »

Error 5002 is caused by an hardware problem (unless a wrong speedmode is selected). Intermittent errors are always caused by hardware. In case of a driver/firmware/software error, restarts do not help.

Because in your case, the problems started with intermittent errors, I suspect a hardware defect. Most probably is a deteriorating optical transmitter or receiver.

Please sent the AD-box, optical fiber and USB-receiver for checking and repair.

Best regards, Coen