Error 5000 during data collection

brionyb

Error 5000 during data collection

Post by brionyb »

Hello,

A few days ago, this error occurred as I was collecting data. There had been no problems to start with, but after ~30 mins of data collection the impedance suddenly went up to max. on one electrode, then ActiView stopped saving and I got Error 5000 (no incoming data). When I checked, the AD-box was still switched on but the blue light was completely off (not flashing). I restarted the AD-box, and everything looked fine, so I continued with data collection (starting a new file) until the same error happened again.

I thought there may have been a problem with the electrode set I was using, so I did a bucket test - the electrodes were working fine, but when I took the DRL electrode out of the salt water this triggered error 5000 again.

We have since continued using the AD-box with a different set of electrodes and have not encountered this error again, although we have found 2 faulty electrodes (possibly kinked wires) in the set I was using at the time.

What could have caused this error 5000 to occur and should we be concerned?

Thanks for any advice,

Briony

Coen
Site Admin

Re: Error 5000 during data collection

Post by Coen »

The blue light should be ON or flashing. The blue light completely OFF (with green light on) indicates an electrical problem. The symptoms suggest an intermittent short or loose contact inside the AD-box (which apparently also stops the data stream). Please sent the AD-box for service.

Best regards, Coen (BioSemi)

brionyb

Re: Error 5000 during data collection

Post by brionyb »

Thank you, we will do this.