USB Receiver problems after migration from XP to Win 7

Jose_Alanis

USB Receiver problems after migration from XP to Win 7

Post by Jose_Alanis »

Dear support team,

we recently updated the operating system of our recording computer (Win XP to Win 7 64 Bits) and haven't been able to get the hardware properly detected under Win 7.
In the beginning the optical link seemed to be working fine (light on) but Win 7 had some problems installing the Biosemi USB drivers. Our Active2 system is from 2008 so I downloaded the actual drivers, LabView version, firmware update and installed everything manually. Now Windows has detected the USB receiver and, as according to the hardware manager, the drivers seem to be working fine. However, the optical link light of the receiver has gone out and I haven't been able to get ActivView running (Error 5000). Also, I tried to plug the receiver to the old XP computer: same problem. It was working fine before though, so I'm quite puzzled right now.

Do you guys have any idea what the problem might be? Could the firmware update have knock out the USB receiver?

SN of the AD-box is: ADC12-08-501

Looking forward to hear from you and thanks a lot in advance.

José

Coen
Site Admin

Re: USB Receiver problems after migration from XP to Win 7

Post by Coen »

The optical link light should be ON, even if there is a driver/software problem (driver/software problem is indicate by USB link light).

No optical link light indicates a hardware problem, please sent AD-box and USB receiver and optical fiber for service to BioSemi.

Firmware update cannot "damage" the optical link.

Best regards, Coen (BioSemi)

Coen
Site Admin

Re: USB Receiver problems after migration from XP to Win 7

Post by Coen »

Just one thing to check: make sure that the speedmode on the AD-box was not changed (should be on 4, 5, 6 or 7).

Best regards, Coen (BioSemi)