FFR measurements using FLAT EX cables or pin electrode cap?

Daryl

FFR measurements using FLAT EX cables or pin electrode cap?

Post by Daryl »

Hello,

I have successfully performed some preliminary envelope FFR experiments with the BioSemi Active 2 and the 32 channel electrode cap with 2 earlobe channels using 2 FLAT EX cables and I would now like to extend the experiment to more subjects.

As I am only using several channels, (ie. Cz, Fz, mastoids, earlobes), I was wondering if it is possible to record these without the electrode cap by using only the FLAT EX electrodes. The time savings of subject prep-time and clean up allow for more stimulus repetitions and subjects. In addition to savings in prep time, the lower file sizes associated with the lower number of channels, also would allow me longer subject recording times between saving of the *.bdf data.

My proposed setup would be using the Speed Mode 7 setting and EX1-EX6. Unfortunately, our lab does not currently have the CMS/DRL FLAT EX DIN connector, so I was thinking of removing two electrode holders from the cap and using the adhesive rings to fix them to the forehead. Is it possible to know the general locations of the CMS/DRL electrodes on the forehead that were used for the data in http://www.biosemi.com/abr.htm ?

Perhaps it is also just better to just "suck it up" and use the cap :)? I also realize that if we continue these measurements, that we should probably invest in the ABR electrode setup :wink: ), but any suggestions regarding my proposed setup are appreciated!

Thanks for the help!
Daryl

Coen
Site Admin

Re: FFR measurements using FLAT EX cables or pin electrode c

Post by Coen »

Purchase the CMS/DRL FLAT EX DIN connector, best regards Coen (BioSemi)

Daryl

Post by Daryl »

Thanks for the reply!

We have purchased the FLAT CMS/DRL cables and will perform our experiments without our 32 channel cap. The plan is to use EX1-EX6 to capture: earlobes, mastoids, Cz, Fz.

Is it possible to attach the the flat active electrodes using passive electrode EEG pastes such as Ten20?

Thanks again for your help. these forums have been very useful!

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

Yes, you can use Ten20 or Elefix, or any other paste suitable for Ag-AgCl electrodes.

Best regards, Coen (BioSemi)