Trigger output for synchronization

Luki

Trigger output for synchronization

Post by Luki »

Hi,

I want to synchronize two different systems (EMG data from Biosemi and Torque sensor data) via Trigger signals. There is no need for real-time synchronization, that's why I want to get a trigger output signal whenever I "start" or "stop" data acquisition by the ActiView Software.

However, the only relevant information I could find on this website is the following:
"The trigger outputs can be controlled by software. ActiView Light (developer software) has a LabVIEW routine integrated which is able to control the trigger outputs."
And I saw that the Pins 17-31 of the USB-Receiver can provide Trigger outputs.

So far so good. Unfortunately, the trigger output is always 0V whenever I start or stop a file and I cannot find any information about how to actually get a trigger output, e.g. 3.3V or 5V.. What do I have to do? Is this even possible with my version of ActiView704 or do I need to get a specific other software?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Cheers,
Lukas

Luki

Re: Trigger output for synchronization

Post by Luki »

No ideas how to get a trigger output?

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

ActiView Light gives an example of how to add (with LabVIEW programming) trigger outputs to (open-source VI) ActiView. You can easily add an output trigger for start/stop acquisition, and/or start/stop recording to file.

I will add these triggers to the next EXE version of ActiView.

Best regards, Coen (BioSemi)

SHughes

Post by SHughes »

Hi Coen,
Did you ever add the trigger outputs to the ActiveView .exe?
thanks
stephen