Cap comfort

Micah

Cap comfort

Post by Micah »

Hello,
I wanted to get a sense from other users about the comfort reported by subjects in terms of the cap. I find that the hard plastic holders on the interior of the cap can often be rather uncomfortable for subjects. Having used several other systems in the past, I have found that the QuickCap and EasyCap designs are quite nice in terms of comfort. This is because they have soft rubber holders on the interior.

I am thus wondering if it might be possible to implement a fusion between the fasteners for the active electrodes on the exterior of the cap and soft rubber holders on the interior.

I am likewise wondering if others have similar issues about comfort and/or ideas about how to improve the cap's comfort.

best,
Micah
Micah M. Murray, Ph.D.
Division Autonome de Neuropsychologie &
Service Radiodiagnostique et Radiologie Interventionnelle
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois
Hôpital Nestlé, Av Pierre Decker 5
1011 Lausanne Switzerland
tel: +41 (0)21 314.1321

Re: Cap comfort

Post by Guest »

Hi Micah,

we are using the surgically cut caps. Quite a few subjects report that the electrodes particularly at the outer rim (frontally and temporally) are uncomfortable after a while (they feel too much pressure) and we had 2 subjects so far that reported getting a headache starting at these uncomfortable sites (and we did even use a cap that was a bit large to relieve the pressure). It seems a good idea to place soft rubber holders in the interior. Have you tried something out here yet?
Also, we find placing of glasses somewhat of a problem with the cap but haven't found a good solution here yet.

salut
Brigitte

Brigitte Stemmer (M.D., Ph.D.)
Universite de Montreal
Centre de Recherche, IUGM

Micah wrote:Hello,
I wanted to get a sense from other users about the comfort reported by subjects in terms of the cap. I find that the hard plastic holders on the interior of the cap can often be rather uncomfortable for subjects. Having used several other systems in the past, I have found that the QuickCap and EasyCap designs are quite nice in terms of comfort. This is because they have soft rubber holders on the interior.

I am thus wondering if it might be possible to implement a fusion between the fasteners for the active electrodes on the exterior of the cap and soft rubber holders on the interior.

I am likewise wondering if others have similar issues about comfort and/or ideas about how to improve the cap's comfort.

best,
Micah

Christina

Tips for comfort and glasses

Post by Christina »

We use "E6 Disposable Sponge Disks" from Electro-Cap International, Inc. (1-800-527-2193) to cushion the frontal electrodes. They attach to the skin on the forehead. We also use something called Tube-Gauze that is used to hold bandages in place. Is is a tubular elastic net that we put over the cap before we snap in the electrodes. It allows the cap to fit more snugly at posterior electrodes without requiring that the cap be overly-tight. then we slip the arms of the glasses through the netting.

jkronegg

Post by jkronegg »

Hello,

We use the Biosemi cap with 258 hard plastic holders (but only 64 electrodes). As there is a lot of holders, the pressure is well distributed over the head, so this is very comportable.

The disadvantage is of course the price: a 258 holders cap is not cheap!

best regards,

Julien