USB2 Receiver Error 5000

Julia

USB2 Receiver Error 5000

Post by Julia »

Hi there,

I would like to re-use a previous ActiveTwo system (Serial No: ADC11-05-175; Model: ActiveTwo AD-box ADC-11), however I constantly get the error 5000 message "ADC-box power is off or Optical fiber is disconnected".

Ideally I would like to use the system with Windows 7. I tried installing the software and hardware on different devices (Windows 7 PC, Windows 7 Laptop and Windows XP Laptop), however I keep on getting the same error message. I have taken great care in installing all software in the correct order and downloading the correct software and drivers for each Laptop or PC.

In addition, when the USB2 receiver is connected to the AD-box and the Laptop/PC, the data light for the USB link never goes on, only the data light of the optic link is on.

I have read a couple of previous posts also experiencing a similar problem. Could it be that our USB2 receiver also needs to be upgraded or repaired?

Thank you in advance!

Julia

ccpling

Re: USB2 Receiver Error 5000

Post by ccpling »

Hello,

We are experiencing a similar problem. We recently switched computers that we want to run the ActiveView software on. Despite many attempts at properly installing all of the appropriate software, when we try to collect data, the USB data collection light remains off and we get Error 5000. The USB driver appears to be correct and the optical link light remains on. I have tried running the Labview_DLL_SyncTest file and it very briefly pops up and then disappears from the screen. It doesn't appear to be having a problem.

Any direction you could give would be most helpful.

Thank you,

Lauren

Coen
Site Admin

Re: USB2 Receiver Error 5000

Post by Coen »

If it's an old system (> 10 years), then the USB-receiver needs a firmware upgrade to work with the current drivers.

If it's a Windows 10 PC, then the USB-receiver needs a firmware upgrade.

Please contact your local representative.

Best regards, Coen (BioSemi)