How to capture analog data above 2kHz ?

Alexandre

How to capture analog data above 2kHz ?

Post by Alexandre »

Hello,

I need to capture analog signal from a sensor device. I have an AIB box, but I am confused by what I have read on the webpage.
If I understood correctly, my AIB Box is useless for sample rates above 2kHz ?

What is the easiest way then to aquire information from my sensor on a EXG channel, in particular what is the voltage range and grounding procedure ?

Thank you

Alexandre

Coen
Site Admin

Re: How to capture analog data above 2kHz ?

Post by Coen »

AIB can indeed only be used as 2 kHz sample rate. The EXG inputs can only be used for active electrodes.

Provided that your sensor can be kept galvanically isolated from the environment (only connected to ActiveTwo AD-box, and not to anything else), then you can probably interface with an ERGO input, see http://www.biosemi.com/accessoires.htm. The ERGO input is sampled at the same rate as the other (electrode) inputs, up to 16 kHz on speedmode 7.

Best regards, Coen (BioSemi)

Alexandre

Post by Alexandre »

Hello,

Thank you for your quick reply.
I do not have an ego input and my ports are already taken by a GSR/RESP port and an ABR port.
Is there another way that would allow me to do that ?
What about the GSR / Resp port, could I input some voltage to it ? My sensor is a Force Resistance Sensor.

Thank you and best

A.

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

There are several options:

- Sacrifice GSR/Resp and replace by ERGO
- Replace ABR connector by ERGO, and purchase extra AD-box (without top connectors) for ABR only.
- Replace CMS/DRL by ERGO, and use A-sets with integrated CMS/DRL.

In case of a strain-gauge type sensor, adding our miniature strain-gauge amplifier (http://www.biosemi.com/accessoires.htm) is recommended (extra preamp between sensor and ERGO input).

Please contact your local BioSemi representative to discuss the best option in your case.

Best regards, Coen (BioSemi)