USB2 driver for previous ActiveTwo system

FaceLab

USB2 driver for previous ActiveTwo system

Post by FaceLab »

I wish to re-use a previous ActiveTwo system (serial nr ADC6-03-47/ model ADC-06) and I constantly get the error 5000 message "ADC-box power is off or Optical fiber is disconnected".
Ideally I want to use the system on my laptop with Windows 7. I thought this might be the problem, so I tried with another computer with Windows XP => same problem
I tried to install various versions of ActiView, various drivers, but it is always the same error message.
I guess it might be the driver for the USB2 receiver which is too recent for the system I have: what could I do?
Thank you,

Coen
Site Admin

Re: USB2 driver for previous ActiveTwo system

Post by Coen »

The latest USB driver works with ALL ActiveTwo systems (including ADC 6).

The problem may be that you are using an older download of ActiView that includes an old version of the file LabVIEW_DLL.dll. This old dll does not work with the new driver. Delete all old LabVIEW_DLL.dll files from your computer. Put the current LabVIEW_DLL.dll (as packed with the latest USB driver and with the current downloads of ActiView) in the same directory as ActiView.

On the W7 computer, make sure that you install the proper version of the driver (32 vs 64 bit)

On the XP computer, make sure that it is 32 bit windows, and install the 32-bot version of the driver (64-bit XP is not supported)

Use Synctest (in the driver package) to test the driver installation independent of ActiView.

Check the Optic Link data light on the USB receiver.

Best regards, Coen

FaceLab

Post by FaceLab »

Hi Coen
I tried again and again without success.
on W7 64 bits I reinstalled the most recent driver, I replaced the _dll file in ActiView and I tried several versions. I ran SyncTest and I send you in attachment the message I got. The optical fiber looks to work properly ("data" light is on on the USB2 receiver).
Attachments
synctest.jpg
synctest.jpg (68.99 KiB) Viewed 8357 times

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

That's usefull info. Your USB receiver has the very first firmware version (2004) and needs an upgrade to work properly with the new driver. Please sent you receiver to us for an upgrade. Also see viewtopic.php?f=2&t=597

Best regards, Coen