Actiview installation

anavarrocebrian

Actiview installation

Post by anavarrocebrian »

We have Windows7, 64bits.
I tried the correct beta version, with the correct driver, and with the "LabVIEW runtime engine 8.6.1".

It doesn't work. Whenever I hit "Start" in Actiview it takes 5 to 10 seconds, the green light that says "data" in the "data box" blinks twice and then an error message shows up: "Error 5000 occurred at No Incoming Data...".

I'm certain that the Optical fiber and the USB cables are fine. They work with our old Windows.

Also, we have another Windows7 with the same setting and the same Actiview and driver versions, and it works fine.

Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

Does the "another Windows 7" computer work with another ActiveTwo system ? If yes, please swap USB-receivers. It is possible that one of the USB receivers has an old firmware version (incompatible with the new driver).

Best regards, Coen (BioSemi)

anavarrocebrian

yes. I changed the USB-receivers and it solved the problem. Is it possible to use an old driver for the old receiver with the new Activeview?
Many thanks,
Ana

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

The old driver does not work on Vista/7 machines, so you will have to upgrade the USB-receiver firmware.

Please contact your local BioSemi representative to arrange a firmware upgrade for the USB-receiver.

Best regards, Coen (BioSemi)
Last edited by Coen on Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

anavarrocebrian

Thanks!