Error 5002

SPL

Error 5002

Post by SPL »

I have recently updated to Win 7 and installed Actiview 700, labview v8.0.1 and the new USB driver as per the biosemi website.

When I connect the CMS/DRL, I can get a nice steady blue CM in range light, and the fibre optic light goes green on my AD box. However when I try to collect data, the USB light goes on only briefly, I can get about 1.5 sec of data, and then the Error 5002 Synchronization pops up. Several repeat tests with always about 1.5 - 1.75 secs of data before the error.

Possible reasons: unsupported speedmode.
OR
Intermittent data loss (optical cable)
OR
USB driver not closed properly.

I suspect the 1st, but don't know how to fix: about actiview tab tells me that I have an AD-box type Mk2 and my speed mode is 5 (which corresponds to the setting on my collection box.

thanks for any help.

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

Driver and ActiView software seems to be working properly, otherwise no data would be coming in at all.

- Are the problems the same with speedmodes 4, 6 and 7 ?
- Does ActiView indicated the correct speedmode in these cases ?
- Is the number of sync errors (left side bar in about tabpage) varying ?
- Does the 1.5 seconds of data look normal, or does the display look completely corrupted ?

Try replacing the optical fiber and USB cable ?

Best regards, Coen (BioSemi)

SPL

Post by SPL »

Hi Coen;

Thank you for your prompt response.

I have tested all speed modes from 4 through 7 with a new USB cable. The data looks normal and Actiview does record the correct speedmode.

As for the recording, all fail after 1-2 sec, and all record very high sync errors (>3000).

Is there a way to test the synchronization? Some other posts mention a sync test but I was unable to find it in my downloads or on the website.

In the meantime, I will try to locate another optical fibre and try that.

Thanks

Fran

SPL

Post by SPL »

An update:

Hopefully this helps some poor soul in the future.

After some updates to the drivers and Activeview versions, we ran the function Labview_DLL_SyncTest.exe provided with the Windows 7 64 bit USB driver (found here: [url]http://www.biosemi.com/download.htm[/url])(in Windows 64bit\USB_drivers_Windows_64bit\Developers_kit\C-code). Results showed data was getting through, ruling out software problems.

We then acquired a second optical fibre and optical receiver from a colleague who has the same system. Upon testing we found that the optical receiver was apparently at fault, but the optical fibre was fine. Swapping the borrowed receiver with ours and leaving everything else as is fixed the problem.