EX1-EX8 connector type

bosnyak

EX1-EX8 connector type

Post by bosnyak »

I am planning a custom extension/connector harness for the EX1-EX8 touchless connectors. Could you tell us the manufacturer and part numbers for the male and female 2 pin connectors? I imagine the din connector for cms/drl is easier to find but you could supply that as well if you have it handy.

Thanks.

bosnyak

Re: EX1-EX8 connector type

Post by bosnyak »

Is this a particularly difficult question to answer? Or is it some sort of secret?

[quote="bosnyak"]I am planning a custom extension/connector harness for the EX1-EX8 touchless connectors. Could you tell us the manufacturer and part numbers for the male and female 2 pin connectors? I imagine the din connector for cms/drl is easier to find but you could supply that as well if you have it handy.

Thanks.[/quote]

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

Locate the AD-box always as close to the subject as possible. The optical fiber can be extended if necessary for a particular setup (up to hundreds of meters if required). Electrode sets with leads up to 2 meter are available, longer leads are not recommended.

Best regards, Coen (BioSemi)

bosnyak

Post by bosnyak »

Thank you for your reply.

This is a special application, our choice of location of the headbox is limited because the recording will take place in the audience of a small concert hall. The headbox needs to be placed unobtrusively, likely under the seat, which will be custom designed for this purpose.

The intention is not to extend the length of the connection beyond 1m. Since we are planning on measuring 30 subjects simultaneously in one large room, (with other people not being measured seated around them) there are various reasons why it would be ideal for the subject to be connected to the headbox with one single connector (possibly built in to the arm of the chair) rather than by the insertion of the 8 separate touchless connectors plus the cms/drl connector. For example, a subject may need to be disconnected (if he requires to leave the room for any reason) in the middle of a performance with minimal disruption of the experiment. I was hoping to do this with minimal modification to the electrode sets to keep them near factory standard (for ease of replacement), but if necessary I suppose I could cut the wires and insert connectors inline. I believe I would require 20 conductors total for 8 electrodes plus cms/drl?

Any ideas or comments would be helpful.

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

There has indeed been a discussion with us about a future project that involved measuring 30 subjects simultaneously. For this project, we will manufacture a small series of modified AD-boxes anyway. So, we will be able to adapt the electrode connections and other mechanical details for your special requirements. I propose to discuss the further details for this particular project outside the forum (because the details concerns only this particular application).

Best regards, Coen (BioSemi)