SRBOX

ronitibon

SRBOX

Post by ronitibon »

Hi,

Is there a way to connect an ePrime serial response box directly to BioSemi?

Thanks

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

No.

For accurate timing of responses, you should either use the BioSemi response switches connected to the Aux inputs on the AD-box (Left and Right switch), or a custom box with up to 16 switches connected to the trigger port on the USB receiver.

Best regards, Coen (BioSemi)

Gérard

Re: SRBOX

Post by Gérard »

Hello,

I want to buy a Response Switch and there are two options: with or without Ergo input. In the Operating Guidelines book, it is stipulated that the response switch can be directly connected to the AUX connection. Why should I need an Ergo connector? What is the function of such a connector?

Also, does the use of the response switch allow to record trigger within the BDF file?

Thank you in advance.

Regards.

Gérard.

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

You need the ERGO connector because it includes the electronic circuitry to process the switch signals.

The switch signals can be stored as triggers 9 and 10 in the BDF file.

samec

Post by samec »

Coen wrote:
> You need the ERGO connector because it includes the electronic circuitry to
> process the switch signals.
>
> The switch signals can be stored as triggers 9 and 10 in the BDF file.
>
> Best regards, Coen (BioSemi)

Hi Coen,
Is it possible to buy just the electronic part that processes the switch signals?

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

You can just purchase the ERGO input, and construct the switch yourself, if that's what you prefer.

Gérard

Post by Gérard »

Hello,

I have a response switch that I bought on December with an ergo connection. I used it for the two last weeks with no problems --> at each response of my subjects (i.e., in a reaction time paradigm), triggers were sent on the trigger channels 9 and 10. Since today, after one or two minutes on the RT task, the trigger channel 10 remains "on" and it impedes me to record the other events (visual) --> only one event can be recorded at a time. I've been therefore obliged to stop my experiments. Have you ever met this kind of problem? If so, what is the solution? Can I select the trigger channel on which I want the trigger to appear (only the trigger channel 9 for example) and deactivate the trigger channel 10?

Thank you in advance.

Regards.

Gérard.

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

Is trigger 9 still working normally ? If yes, then there is probably a problem with the switch or wiring driving trigger 10, please sent it for repair.

Gérard

Post by Gérard »

Yes, trigger 9 is still appearing during the task in the ActiView window but I can't find it in my BDF file since the trigger 10 is 'on' all the time and only one trigger can be recorded at a moment. I'll send you our system tomorrow.

Best regards.

Gérard.

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

Trigger lines 9 and 10 are separate bits in the trigger channel. Even if trigger 10 is High all the time, switching of trigger 9 should always be retrievable from the BDF file (check with BDF reader from http://www.biosemi.com/download/BDFReader.zip)