Problem of Actiview-light

dao

Problem of Actiview-light

Post by dao »

Dear all,

I tried to use Actiview6.05-light-ABS.vi to get the raw data today, unfortunately, it crashed and throw out the wrong information as 5002 error with information "
Unsupported speedmode (check version of ActiVIEW)
or
Intermittent data loss (check optical fiber)
or
USB driver not properly closed on exit (restart LabVIEW and ActiVIEW)"

And i tried the full version of Actiview6.05, it successfully read all data in.

I have no idea it's the problem caused by the Actiview6.05-light.vi or related with my labview version & system version (I used win7+labview2009)

I also found the initial value of "Dummy Driver Handle" in light-version is 46712 while in full-version it's 52492. was this caused the error mentioned above?

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

With Win7 you should use the new drivers as available from http://www.biosemi.com/download/USB%20drivers%20beta/

Did you actually test the full and light versions on the same PC ? If the full version runs, then the driver setup is OK. The light version should react exactly the same (basic code is identical).

A hardware problem (bad fiber, bad USB cable, etc) is most likely.

Does the backlog (difference between green and red needle in the buffer clock) increase before the error occurs ?

A random number is displayed "Dummy Driver Handle", it has no relation with the above error.

Best regards, Coen (Biosemi)

dao

Post by dao »

Thanks a lot.

Yes, I tested them in the same PC, it looked very wired.

I tried many times yesterday, and each time if i run the light version at first, the error jumped out and the full version opend later would have the same error too.

But if i closed all the labview programs off, and reopen the full version, it worked correctly.

I got a screenshot when this error happend.

[img]http://cn.myalbum.com/Photo-PCBZ6SJP-D.jpg[/img]

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

In your screenshot, ActiView-Light has detected speedmode 0 and system version Mk1. Is this actually correct ? Please compare with the indicators in the full ActiView (on the "about" tab). Test with the AD-box on speedmodes 4 to 7 whether ActiView-Light indicates the correct number.

If ActiView-Light does not indicate the correct speedmode and system version, then that is the source of the problem.

Do not run several versions ActiView versions (or other programs calling the LabVIEW_DLL.dll) simultaneously, this can generate unpredictable behavior.

Best regards, Coen (BioSemi)

dao

Post by dao »

Thank you very much.

I tried again, and this time, the light version was correct as same as the full version ...