Biosemi ActiveTwo with NI Hardware

hamiza7

Biosemi ActiveTwo with NI Hardware

Post by hamiza7 »

Hi, I am looking for an electro-cap (including accessories and bi0-amp) for my client who is doing a research in brain signal analysis. I am planning to acquire the electrodes (of coz with the bio-amplifier) signal using National Instruments platform which is either cRIO or USB-DAQ. The DAQ card/modules surely has to be the AI module. My question is, is it possible for me to acquire the ActiveTwo electrodes' signal via NI hardware? I know that Biosemi products only supports LabVIEW programming, but how about the hardware? Does Biosemi supports NI hardware? can anyone help me on this?

Your prompt reply is highly appreciated. Thanks :)

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

It is not necessary to use NI hardware for the interfacing of the BioSemi ActiveTwo system. Our USB-receiver ( http://www.biosemi.com/receiver.htm ) is used as an improved alternative for (previously used) NI cards. There would not be any advantage in interfacing via NI hardware, and therefore we do not support such a setup

The BioSemi system interfaces with the standard USB2 port. The acquisition software is fully open-source LabVIEW, so you can easily couple the ActiveTwo system to your own LabVIEW signal processing routines.

Best regards, Coen (BioSemi)