triggers to biosemi from CRS Visage?

jasnam

triggers to biosemi from CRS Visage?

Post by jasnam »

Hi,

I've just setup my new Biosemi system. As a stimulation computer, I want to use one with a Visage system from CRS.

Visage uses TLL triggering same as Biosemi. I've tried running an old script which succesfully produced triggers with the other EEG system we have in the lab. However I cannot see any triggers displayed in Actiview, so something's not working properly. I wonder if an especially-tweaked cable is needed in order to connect a Visage to the Biosemi receiver?

I look forward to receiving some advice. I will also email CRS support and include the specifics of the trigger connector from the Biosemi and see what they say.

Thanks,
j.

jasnam

Post by jasnam »

I was informed that the Visage digital output port is on pins 1-9 (DOUT0-8 ), pin 11 (DOUT9) and pin 10 (ground).

I've got the parallel cable going into the Visage's port's pins 1-8 connected to pins 1-8 of the biosemi, pin 10 connected to pin 37 (ie ground) and I haven't shorted any of the remaining pins.

If anyone here with more expertise knows if this is ok, please let me know.

Triggers are being sent by the Visage (i see the 'trigger out' flesh on the box) but they are not received by the Biosemi. I've set up the porttalk for psychtoolbox and it's working properly from the computer's lpt port, so it can't be that something is wrong with my receiver input. I suspect the cable wiring, therefore.