Fault with ActiveTwo AD Box

bisbel

Fault with ActiveTwo AD Box

Post by bisbel »

Hi Coen,

I have a problem that I hope you can help with. We currently have a problem with our AD box automatically powering off when the CMS/DRL circuit is complete.

To troubleshoot this problem, I did a bucket test with only the CMS/DRL aux electrodes with the following results.

Without any electrodes at all plugged into the AD box, the green power light is ON indicating power from battery box when I push the POWER ON button on the AD box.

When I plug the CMS/DRL aux in (CMS/DRL electrodes NOT in saline solution), the green light stays on. When I place either the CMS or DRL electrode INDIVIDUALLY into the saline solution, green light stays ON. As soon as the second electrode is placed in the saline solution to complete the CMS/DRL circuit, both the CMS IN RANGE light and the POWER light flash ON then OFF, leaving both lights OFF.

I have tested with a second brand new (never used) CMS/DRL flat electrode aux set, and the same thing happens. The same thing happens when a 32-channel ribbon set is used as well. In all cases, when the AD box is powered ON, the blue CMS IN RANGE and green POWER lights both flash and then they both remain OFF.

Can you please advise how to proceed.

Many thanks,
Ben Isbel.

bisbel

Re: Fault with ActiveTwo AD Box

Post by bisbel »

In addition, I have checked the electrode connector housings for gel contamination in case of short circuit/bridging was the fault. However, all connector ports and pins appear clean and free from gel or other contamination.

Sincerely,
Ben Isbel

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

Dried gel is often invisible. Your top connector board needs to be replaced. Contact BioSemi for service and sent your AD-box.

Best regards, Coen (BioSemi)

bisbel

Post by bisbel »

Thanks Coen,

Just a question. Your website says that when such a gel bridge occurs in the connectors on the AD box, then the AD box will go into shutdown without any electrodes connected (https://www.biosemi.com/faq/AD-box%20sh ... 0stops.htm).

However, this is not the case with our AD box. It will maintain power without any electrodes connected, and will only go out when both the CMS/DRL electrodes are connected.

Is this still likely to be a gel bridge issue or some other problem?

Cheers,
Ben.

Coen
Site Admin

Post by Coen »

A gel bridge in the AD-box connector is the most likely cause.

Best regards, Coen (BioSemi)